Happy December! New month and almost the end of another year. With all the holiday happenings, Best Life Ever business shifts and growth we’ve been focused on, our Shift to Rise retreat, and #allthethings, I have really been feeling the need to get centered.
Listening to this calling, I declared today, “Get Yo’ Shit Together Friday” and did a total brain dump (using Trello of course!) and a deep calendar review.
When I start feeling overwhelmed and my ego starts in with that old limiting belief, “I don’t have enough time”, instead of hustling HARDER like I used to, I now work on SLOWING DOWN. I create white space by clearing my calendar (that meant saying NO to a few things today), turning off notifications, and then I ask myself some simple questions like:
- What’s REALLY bothering me?
- What is most urgent/important?
- How can I make my life easier?
- How can I get ahead/hook up my future self (HUMFS)?
- What does my spirit need most right now?
- How can I create more ease, joy, fun, and FREEDOM in my life?
- And probably the most important question – What can I say NO to?
Your ego will try to tell you that you don’t have time to slow down, but your spirit will speak to you when you do, and life will become much more clear.
Less hustle, more alignment.
One of the things I’m cutting back on for the rest of this year is certain forms of tech and communication, which is why this will be my last post until sometime in new year! I’lll be dropping back in once the dust settles after the holidays, but you can always follow me on Instagram, our Best Life Ever Tribe on FB and our BLE IG, etc.
OK, so here we go – our last 5-bullet Aloha Friday round-up of 2017!
5 things I’m loving/excited about:
Have a wonderful holiday season! I encourage you to create some time to slow down and ask yourself some quality questions that will improve your quality of life and bring you some well-deserved peace and joy as we move into 2018! Cheers and GINORMOUS hugs!
Happy Aloha Friday! And Happy November! Anyone feeling “busy”? After all, ’tis the season..of busyness. When I work with clients who are feeling “crazy busy” this time of year, one of the first things we look at is whether this is Chronic Busyness or Seasonal Busyness. I wrote a Best Life Ever blog post awhile back about understanding the difference between these two types of busyness because it’s such an important distinction to make. If you’re experiencing a little seasonal busyness as you gear up for the holidays, be easy on yourself and read up on a few strategies that you can use to lighten your load over the next few months 😉
And now for 5 things I’ve been enjoying and pondering:
- What I’m buzzzzzzing about – BLE Buzz enrollment is open right now through 11/15/17! Life is too damn short to suffer through the week feeling overwhelmed, tired, and unproductive. We designed the Buzz to help people to reclaim their time, energy, relationships, and joy while they continue to CRUSH IT at work and in life. Give yourself the best Christmas gift EVER & join us for weekly live training calls, a membership site full of recordings, exercises, & resources, and unlimited support from me, Pua, and a community of badass buzzers living their Best Life Ever! There is a 7 day free trial, but I have a gift for you! Use the code BUZZFREEMONTH and get a whole month free! See you in the Buzz! bestlifeever.buzz/blebuzz
- What else I’m excited about – Our Shift to Rise retreat is really coming to life. Check out this FREE training, “How to Get Unstuck”, from our Shift Team! We have another Shift webinar coming up next Thursday on “How to do a life inventory” and we’re announcing $4444 worth of bonuses for this retreat including a special dinner with us Shift leaders and an extra night of stay! Find out more and join our mailing list at www.shifttorise.com by simply clicking to apply (you can choose to apply now or later, but there only 5 bonus packages available through 11/15, so action-takers will be rewarded abundantly!)
- App I’m loving – Yummly. This app is the best thing ever for meal prep and grocery shopping! Search and save your favorite recipes from the interwebs, search based on ingredients on-hand and dietary preferences, make shopping lists, and even schedule when you want to prepare things!
- What I’ve been drinking lately – Dirty Chais from Brue Bar. Chai + espresso tastes like gingerbread and feels like productivity!
- My new favorite nighttime ritual – Wonderfluff from Acure. I’m obsessed with this affordable, organic, overnight hydrating face mask/cream. Plus I love the quirky language on the tube: “You want some serious winkle fighting, you got it! Yes, we said ‘winkle fighting’. Winkle’s are the magical elves who sneak in at night and try to steal your pretty.”
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!!!!!!!!
P.S. Are you ready to really begin transforming your life? Let’s talk.
5-Bullet Aloha Friday
Happy Aloha Friday! At Best Life Ever, we’re constantly evolving and reinventing ourselves as a business (we just launched a new service, see bullet #1 below!) and it has us thinking a lot about REINVENTION. In fact, Pua and I just recorded a podcast episode all about this (releasing soon). Reinvention isn’t always about big dramatic change, it’s just a willingness to course-correct on your journey to your destination. It’s all about your ability to stay open to other ways to get to where you want to go. It’s about slowing down regularly and asking yourself if your current identity is serving you. Bullshit stories, limiting beliefs, and old ideas can grow on us like barnacles. Take a moment this weekend to look at your ship – do you need to course-correct, any barnacles slowing you down? Consider that life isn’t about finding yourself, it’s about reinventing yourself, again and again and again.
And now for 5 things I’ve been enjoying and pondering:
- What I’m SUPER excited about – Our new online course building services! At BLE we’re now joyously helping businesses create online courses and membership sites. Know anyone who has video content they’d like to turn into a course or membership site? Email me!
- What I read this week and loved – This article from Marc and Angel: “40 Hard Things You Need to Hear”
- My new favorite place to eat – Uproll Cafe! #obsessed
- Video I found helpful this week – Smart Social review of the teen app “tbh” (my daughter wanted to download it, but after watching this my answer was nope)
- Best FB group ever – http://bit.ly/bletribe
If you’re looking for support as you refresh and reinvent yourself, reach out! I currently have just 1 spot available for one-on-one coaching. My clients are fun, high-performers looking for deep accountability and support to reach their goals! If this is you or someone you know, reach out! 🙂
P.S. Shift to Rise! Early bird rates for our Shift to Rise retreat are open until the end of November & room reservations are first come, first served! If you feel even a little pull to find out more, apply today! Your application is an invitation to a conversation with us. It is neither a commitment to attend nor does it guarantee you a spot at our event. It’s an opportunity for us to get to know you and hear more about your goals, as well as a chance for you to ask us any questions you have about the retreat. We’re so excited!
I am so proud to announce the official launch of our new podcast Best Life Ever! After a short hiatus from podcasting, we’re back and fired up to bring new content, new inspiration, and new tips, tools and strategies to bring more clarity, productivity, wellness, joy and EASE to your life. It feels SO good to be podcasting again. It really is something that Pua and I LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Our vision for this podcast is for it to serve as a weekly check-in to help you create your Best Life Ever, one #bestweekever at a time! Check it out, we’ve already loaded up 3 episodes we’re releasing our fourth one tomorrow!
And with the support of a fabulous TEAM that you’ll hear us talk all about, not only are we now podcasting to your ears, we’ve also launched our YouTube channel jam-packed with video podcasts! Woohoo!
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher and also our YouTube channel, or just check out our website for the latest episodes.
Here in Hawaii, the shift from season to season is certainly less noticeable than in other places in the world. However, around this time each year, something changes in the air and it simply begins to feel like the holidays. While we don’t have the obvious cues of leaves changing color or significant drops in temperature, we have other signals that trigger those warm fuzzy feelings of the season. Suddenly we realize we haven’t been complaining as much about the heat, the grocery stores start smelling like cinnamon pine cones, and the crisp darker mornings get us thinking about whatever excites us about this special time of year. This year, I’m excited about busting out boots (finally!), visiting family over the Thanksgiving weekend, spending quality time with loved ones, checking out the Honolulu Christmas lights, getting a big Christmas tree (that our cats will surely destroy), teaching some killer holiday workouts at Egan’s Fit Body Bootcamp, baking seasonal (healthy) treats, and laying a solid foundation for a kickass 2015!
As soon as November hit and I felt a tiny bit of crispness in the air, I picked up some organic canned pumpkin from Whole Foods and created my new favorite healthy seasonal treat – Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies! They tested well with my kids, which is always a plus. They are vegan, gluten-free, high in protein, and low in sugar. You can eat ‘um as is or they are healthy enough to eat as kind of a portable cereal/oatmeal. Simply pour any kind of unsweetened milk (cold or hot) over them and enjoy! Cookies for breakfast? Oh yeah! Happy holidays!
Makes about 24 small cookies
1-1/2 cups gluten-free oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp Himalayan or sea salt
3 tsp organic cinnamon
2 Tbsp organic ground flax
1 serving or scoop stevia-sweetened vanilla protein powder (I used a sample of Skinny Gut vanilla that I had, pretty tasty!)
3 Tbsp organic pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup (I just used a handful) organic dried sour cherries or cranberries
1/3 cup (or more) Lily’s stevia sweetened dark chocolate baking chips or other chocolate chips
1/2 can organic canned pumpkin
3 tbsp organic salted cashew butter or other nut butter
Mix everything together, except the pumpkin and the cashew butter, in a big mixing bowl. Once the dry ingredients are mixed, add in the pumpkin and nut butter to moisten the dough. Form into little balls (about a tsp of dough per cookie) and place on a cookie sheet greased with coconut oil. Cook 8-10 minutes at 350 F.